Create a little bushman
Trips are fully guided and include four-wheel driving, camping and hiking, as well as coaching on bushcraft, conservation and mountain safety.
Learn about firearms safety, shoot a target and maybe even try your luck at hunting a wild deer or pig with no pressure on individuals to do anything they don’t feel comfortable with. You don’t need a firearms licence or any previous experience.
There is no age restriction, however, you need to be able and willing to walk up and down some hills. Your guide will adjust the challenges to your capabilities and encourage you to build self-confidence and strengthen your parent/child relationship. No cell or internet reception.
Basic meals, accommodation and hunting equipment provided.
- Education about life in the outdoors including safety, navigation, weather, game animals, plants, wildlife, and conservation.
- Service from an experienced and patient Hunting Coach who will assess and cater to your strengths, while helping you build confidence in your own capabilities.
- The challenge to get into the game zone; bush bashing, hill climbing, creek crossings, mud and blood, tears and smiles.
- Adventure into new territory; find yourself closing in on beautiful, wild game animals in rugged terrain, amidst impressive mountain scenery.
- Tranquillity as we are off-grid, with no cell phone or internet services. (I will be carrying emergency communication devices).
Coached hunting adventure package includes;
- Return transport from Christchurch Airport or City.
- Experienced Bushman guide.
- Basic wholesome meals, hot drinks, and water.
- Fully serviced privately owned huts with cooking and dining facilities, lighting, hot showers and comfortable bunk-beds.
- 4-wheel drive transport right to the door of the accommodation.
- I will provide a rifle and ammunition along with firearms safety lessons and target practice.
- During the hunts, you will learn about backcountry navigation, mountain safety, locating and stalking game, making your shot count, field butchery and meat carrying techniques.