Last Updated: 3rd May 2021
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SHARING & DISCLOSURE
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
OPERATING GLOBALLY & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Thank you for using Bushman Tours! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Bushman Tours and our Bushmen and women. We have a dedicated privacy and legal team that’s committed to protecting all personal information we collect and help ensure that personal information is handled properly worldwide.
1.2 Data Controller
1.3 Applicability to Payments
If your country of residence is outside of New Zealand, your payments controller will appear as Bushman Tours Limited New Zealand.
If you book a tour or are a Bushman with or to Bushman Tours Ltd, the Payments Data Controller Bushman Tours Limited New Zealand.
No tours or activities relating to tours are found outside of New Zealand and the Payments Data Controller confirms country of business as New Zealand.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Bushman Tours Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Bushman Tours Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a Bushman Tours Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile and Tour Information. To use certain features of the Bushman Tours Platform (such as booking or creating a tour), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government-issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information. To learn more, see our Help Center article about providing identification on Bushman Tours.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of the Bushman Tours Platform (such as booking or creating a tour), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Bushman Tours Payments system).
- Communications with Bushman Tours and other Bushmen or women or our visitors/customers. When you communicate with Bushman Tours or use the Bushman Tours Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide. This is stored on our server and immediately archived. Although all measures are put in place to secure this information, Bushman Tours cannot be held responsible for the security of this server.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Bushman Tours Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Bushman Tours profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Bushman Tours Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through surveys and forms), or use other features of the Bushman Tours Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Bushman, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Bushman Tours Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Bushman Tours Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Bushman Tours Platform and Payment Services.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Bushman Tours Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Bushman Tours may also collect this information even when you are not using the platform should your device continue to show this information. Bushman Tours does not actively track users who have left the platform.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Bushman Tours Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Tours, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Bushman Tours Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Bushman Tours Platform, even if you have not created a Bushman Tours Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Bushman Tours Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the sources you’ve engaged with before using the Bushman Tours Platform.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, the Bushman Tours Platform currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. Bushman Tours Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the Bushman Tours Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Bushman Tours Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Bushman Tours Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Bushman Tours Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Bushman Tours Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. For users in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For users outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Referrals. If you are invited to Bushman Tours, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information for the invitation to be submitted or for us to invite you.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Bushman Tours Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 16 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that we are processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us” section below.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Bushman Tours Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Bushman Tours Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Bushman Tours Platform.
We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Bushman Tours Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Bushman Tours Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Bushman Tours Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
- to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Bushman Tours Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Tour suggestions, ranking search results), and facilitate claims with our Bushman Tours, Bushmen, or other similar guide protection programs, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Bushman Tours Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Bushman Tours Platform, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Bushman Tours Platform and our visitors’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
We may use the personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Tour or Experience address or location or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- resolve any disputes with any of our Visitors and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Bushman Tours Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Bushman Tours Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Bushman Tours Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Bushman Tours Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decision based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Bushman Tours Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Bushman Tours or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising to ensure correct content and less spam,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Bushman Tours or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Bushman Tours Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Bushman Tours Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an Bushman Tours Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities (for example, when you share your Bushman or Visitor story, we may use the information provided to reach out to you to invite you to relevant events).
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected.
We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
3.5 SMS Terms for New Zealand
Bushman Tours will use reasonable commercial efforts to deliver the automated marketing text messages to the number you provide through compatible wireless carriers. Carriers and Bushman Tours are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. The short code we use for some Text Message Services may not be supported on all New Zealand carriers.
- By Opting In to a Text Message Service:
- You expressly authorize Bushman Tours to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your Opt-In (i.e., the number listed on the Opt-In form or instructions, or, if none, the number from which you send the Opt-In, or, if none, the number on file for your account). You also authorize Bushman Tours to include marketing content in any such messages. You do not have to Opt In or agree to Opt In as a condition of purchase.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, request a free paper or email copy of the Opt-In, or to update our records with your contact information, please contact us via the methods described in the Contact Us section. To view and retain an electronic copy of these SMS Terms or the rest of your Opt-In, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or cell phone) with internet access, and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. If you withdraw your consent, certain features of our service may not be available to you. To update information on how we would contact you electronically, visit your Notifications your account.
- You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to Opt In.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, update our records with your contact information, please visit your Bushman Tours account Notifications settings or contact customer support.
- These SMS Terms still will apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Text Message Service.
After Opting In, in addition to the main messages the service offers, you may receive one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases) a request to confirm your Opt-In.
About the Text Message Services and Opting Out
Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. Bushman Tours may terminate any Text Message Service or your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received, but these SMS Terms still will apply. Text STOP to any promotional message to Opt Out or if applicable update your “Notification” settings on your Bushman Tours account.
For additional help, text HELP in response to a marketing message or contact customer service.
3.6 Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Bushman Tours. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Bushman Tours sends to you.
– To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your Bushman Tours Account.
– To revoke permissions that you may have given to send promotional text messages, text STOP in response to any message.
– You can always update your notification settings within your Bushman Tours Account by visiting the Notifications section of your Bushman Tours Account. Please note that even if you opt-out of marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of emails, we may still send you activity confirmations or fraud alerts or booking information from a recent or future booking you have made with Bushman Tours.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Bushman Tours Account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Bushman Tours partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law, we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Bushman Tours Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Bushman Tours. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask Bushman Tours to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
4.2 Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Visitor submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Bushman (and Co-Bushman, if applicable), including your profile, full name, the full name of any additional Visitors, your cancellation history and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the trip, like your phone number, age, gender and special requirements. This is to allow all Bushman to adequately prepare for your booking.
- When you as a Bushman (or Co-Bushman, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Visitor (and the additional Visitors they may invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, first name, regional location, gender, age and vehicle information (if you are picking up your visitor).
- When you as a Visitor invite additional Visitors to a booking, your full name, travel dates, Bushman name, Tour details, the location of the tour, and other related information will be shared with each additional Visitor.
- This additional Visitor is also subject to our terms and this Privacy Statement should they accept the booking request via the notification.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members, Visitors or any Bushman.
4.3 Profiles, Tours, Experiences and other Public Information.
The Bushman Tours Platform may allow you to publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, your description, and city, are publicly visible to others.
- Tour pages are publicly visible and include information such as the overall tour information or Experience’s approximate location (relevant to the region), Tour description, calendar availability, your public profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and any additional information you choose to share.
- After completing a booking, Visitors and Bushmen may write Reviews and rate each other. Reviews and Ratings are a part of your public profile page and may also be surfaced elsewhere on the Bushman Tours Platform (such as the Adventure page). These reviews may on occasion be used in marketing activities where your profile image and review information is shared.
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Bushman Tours Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Bushman Tours Platform we may display parts of the Bushman Tours Platform (e.g., your Tour page) on sites operated by Bushman Tours’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Tours are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Bushman Tours Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information
4.4 Additional Services by Bushmen.
Bushmen may need to use third party services available through the Bushman Tours Platform to assist with managing their Tours or Experiences or providing additional services requested by you, such as transport services or the hiring of equipment. Bushmen may use features on the Bushman Tours Platform to share information about the Visitor (like meet up times and drop off dates, Visitor name, Visitor phone number) with such third party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the tour, managing the Experience, or providing other services. Bushmen are responsible for third party service providers they use and ensuring those service providers process Visitor information securely and in compliance with applicable law including data privacy and data protection laws.
4.5 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Bushman Tours, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Bushman Tours, its employees, its Visitors, or members of the public. For example, Bushman tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other government agencies where applicable.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Bushman Tours Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Visitors about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Bushman Tours’ property, its Visitors or users and the Bushman Tours Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Visitor about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.6 Service Providers.
Bushman Tours uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Bushman Tours Platform and the Payment Services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In particular, our service providers are primarily based in the United States of America, as well as New Zealand, Australia, and Europe.
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Bushman Tours Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims (such as claims under the Bushman Tours Bushman Guarantee). These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to protect the personal information and only use the personal information in accordance with our instructions.
Bushman Tours and the Bushman Tours Payments will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
4.7 Corporate Affiliates.
To enable or support us in providing the Bushman Tours Platform and the Payment Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies where applicable (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership or control. By using the Bushman Tours Platform, all users, Visitors and Bushmen may have their information shared with current or future Corporate Affiliates to the Bushman Tours Limited company.
- Sharing with Bushman Tours Ltd.
- Even if your country of residence is not New Zealand, your information may be shared with Bushman Tours Limited which provides the technical infrastructure for the Bushman Tours Platform, product development and maintenance, customer support, trust and safety and other business operation services to other Bushman Tours entities. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Bushman Tours Platform globally.
- Sharing with Bushman Tours Payments. In order to facilitate payments on or through the Bushman Tours Platform, certain information as described above in “Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services” section above, may be shared with the relevant Bushman Tours Payments entity. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
Additionally, we share your information, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates in order to support and integrate, promote, and to improve the Bushman Tours Platform and our affiliates’ services.
4.8 Collection and Remittance of Occupancy Taxes.
In jurisdictions where Bushman Tours facilitates the Collection and Remittance of Occupancy Taxes as described in the “Taxes” section of the Terms of Service, Bushmen and Visitors, where legally permissible according to applicable law, expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to disclose Bushmen’ and Visitors’ data and other information relating to them or to their transactions, bookings, Tours and Experiences and Occupancy Taxes to the relevant tax authority, including, but not limited to, the Bushman’s or Visitor’s name, Tour addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received (or due) by Bushmen from Visitors, and contact information.
4.9 Government Registration.
In jurisdictions where Bushman Tours facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application of a Bushman with a local governmental authority through the Bushman Tours Platform in accordance with local law, we may share information of participating Bushmen with the relevant authority, both during the application process and, if applicable, periodically thereafter, such as the Bushman’s full name and contact details, Tour or Experience location, address, tax identification number, Tour details, and number of days or nights booked.
4.10 Information Provided to Enterprise Customers.
If you have linked your Bushman Tours Account to the Bushman Tours Account of a company or other organization (an “Enterprise”), added your work email address, or have a booking facilitated via another party (such as the future employer or other entity) or used a coupon in a similar capacity in connection with an Enterprise (such as using a coupon to pay for a tour for an enterprise related event like employment onboarding, orientation, meetings, etc.) through one of our Enterprise products, that Enterprise will have access to your name, contact details, permissions and roles, and other information as required to enable use by you and the Enterprise of such Enterprise products.
4.11 Bushman Information Provided to Bushman Tours for Work Customers.
If a booking is designated as being for business purposes and made by a Visitor affiliated with an Enterprise, and the Enterprise is enrolled in our Bushman Tours for Business, such as a booking made for business purposes using a coupon provided by an Enterprise, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise, such as the name of the Bushman, the Tour or Experience location or address, booking dates, pricing, Tour details, and other related information, to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Bushman Tours’s contract with the Enterprise and to provide the services. At the request of the Enterprise or the Visitor, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by the Enterprise to provide travel management, travel planning, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services.
4.12 Visitor Information Provided to Bushman Tours for Work Customers.
If you have linked your Bushman Tours Account with an Enterprise, and you are included on a booking designated as being for business purposes, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Bushman Tours’s contract with the Enterprise. Typically, this includes information related to the booking, such as your name, dates of the booking, number of Visitors, pricing, Tour details, the Tour or Experience location or address, and other related information. At the request of you or your Enterprise, we may also disclose this information to service providers engaged by it, such as companies that provide travel management, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services. In the event of a dispute, emergency, or similar situation involving a booking identified as being for business purposes, Bushman Tours may also share additional relevant information it believes is necessary to safely and quickly address the situation.
4.13 Programs with Managers and Owners.
We may share personal information and booking information with property or land owners, government agencies, landlords, management companies in order to facilitate programs with these partners. For example, Visitor booking and personal information may be shared with land owners, or a planned community where a Bushman lives and/or the Tour is to facilitate the Tour services, security, billing, and other services that may be provided.
4.14 Business Transfers.
4.15 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Bushman Tours Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages between Bushmen and Visitors to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Bushman Tours’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5.2 Linking Third Party Accounts.
You may link your Bushman Tours Account with your account at a third party social networking service where such service allows. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as “Friends” or “Followers”. When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Bushman Tours Account profile;
- your activities on the Bushman Tours Platform may be displayed to your Friends or Followers on the Bushman Tours Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your Bushman Tours public profile;
- other Bushman Tours users may be able to see any common Friends or Followers that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend or Follower of their Friend or Followers if applicable;
- other Bushman Tours users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Bushman Tours through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Bushman Tours Platform and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
5.3 Third Party Partners & Integrations
The Bushman Tours Platform may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Bushman Tours doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Bushman Tours, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Bushman Tours Data Controller and Payments Data Controller by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Account or Dashboard settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date and by using our system, you are assuming this is up-to-date for the Bushman Tours Platform use and performance. If your information has been deemed as “expired” by Bushman Tours, it may be archived or deleted after a certain period. For example, an address or phone number that no longer exists.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Bushman Tours Account).
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. In certain jurisdictions, you can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Bushman Tours Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Bushman Tours Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Bushman Tours Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Bushman Tours Platform, even after your Bushman Tours Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Bushman Tours Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Bushman Tours specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Bushman Tours override your own.
6.6 Objection to Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Bushman Tours and/or Bushman Tours Payments will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Bushman Tours to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
6.7 Lodging Complaints.
You have the right to lodge complaints about our data processing activities by filing a complaint with our Data Protection Officer who can be reached by the “Contact Us” section below or with a supervisory authority.
7. OPERATING GLOBALLY & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
7.2 Other Means to Ensure an Adequate Level of Data Protection.
If Bushman Tours New Zealand is the Data Controller and your information is shared with corporate affiliates or third party service providers outside the EEA, we have (prior to sharing your information with such corporate affiliate or third party service provider) established the necessary means to ensure an adequate level of data protection. This may be an adequacy decision of the European Commission confirming an adequate level of data protection in the respective non-EEA country or an agreement on the basis of the EU Model Clauses (a set of clauses issued by the European Commission). We will provide further information on the means to ensure an adequate level of data protection on request.
7.3 California Privacy Rights.
California law permits Members who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. See the “Contact Us” section for where to send such requests. Bushman Tours and Bushman Tours Payments do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Bushman Tours Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Bushman Tours Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
10. CONTACT US
(+64) 0800 220 262
Att: Bushman Tours
PO Box 41105
Ferrymead Mail Box Lobby
New Zealand 8247